I didn’t make a lot of money when I lived in Richmond, VA. But resourceful and ambitious, I used whatever flea market, thrift store and consignment knick-knacks I could find. And what did $437 get me?
- A barely-used IKEA bed, with frame and mattress in mint condition.
- Black, wall IKEA shelves.
- A sponge-painted IKEA night-stand.
- A taste for the finer things in life, like IKEA, apparently.
- A floor-length, life-size Paris backdrop from a yard sale for $10 bucks.
Best of all, amateur interior design success, creativity, and willpower to turn nothing into something. Not too bad for a broke copywriter starting all over again in Richmond, VA.